MUSIC / STYLE / ART / RECIPES / QUOTES / PHOTOS / CRAFTS / FASHION

Sunday 11 December 2011

Break Time

Hello hello hello!
I have been the most lazy blogger ever and so I apologize profusely for my absence from the internet. You will all be delighted to hear that my party was a triumph darling, an absolute triumph! But unfortunately due to the stress and pressure of organizing an Oscar worthy Medieval Extravaganza (if they had Oscars for that sort of thing that is) I have had to spend the last few weeks lazing about like the sloth that I appear to be, and consuming vast amounts of chocolate and carbohydrates... However, good news is that I am back and I have lovely things to share with you. Now, as we all know, children can often be extraordinarily cute and caring and I am pleased to tell you that I am the neighbour to two such children, except... wait for it.... better! My mother has warned their mum (Kate - check her blog here-it's amazing, like her!) that I may actually kidnap Archie and Hugo  (the children in question) at some point in the near future. She has been warned. Anyway more to the point, on my birthday which seems like years ago now, they arrived unexpectedly at the door to my bedroom, having tackled forests and climbed mountains to reach it (they cut through the paddock basically) with arms of flowers, and in Hugo's case an actual plant 'so that I could plant it and it will never die'-too cute! The roses were wrapped lovingly in tin foil and handed to my by a shy Archie along with Hugo's card, a masterpiece of self portraits, collage and cut outs. These two never fail to brighten my day..


You will be happy to find out that I finished the book cover for my friend's birthday, he seemed to like it which is always a plus! I decorated the edging with red thread and slipped it onto the book with a message inside. You can see the hand painted print on the front - Florence and The Machine - in more detail in my previous post.

I have also been a busy bee making some earrings for another friend's birthday tomorrow. She is exceptionally stylish and fashionable so they needed a bit of thought, but I reckon they have a certain Aztec feel about them which I think she will like!




So that's it on the creative front really, hopefully this week will provide an opportunity for more arty endeavors, but for now here is some glittery tinsely stuff to get everyone into the Christmas spirit! 


Oh and of course a song (although it is anything but Christmasy) because music makes the world go round! -and gravity and the sun and moon and stuff but those aren't as fun to dance to.... This is one of my favourites of Florence's new album 'Ceremonials', although they are all so fantastic it is impossible to really pick a favourite as it is constantly changing! Anyway, enjoy!


I hope you all have a lovely evening!
Ciao x

No comments:

Post a Comment