MUSIC / STYLE / ART / RECIPES / QUOTES / PHOTOS / CRAFTS / FASHION

Friday 25 November 2011

Holiday Time!

Hi there people! Well it is now officially the holidays for me myself and I and...... I'm 17! Flip that is very old, well it seems that way to me anyway. Anyway, it is actually only JUST today, 1:00 am. Technically 3 hours until I am born (that makes it sound epic, like I am a time traveler or something..... but sadly - no.) So it is still yesterday for me. Why it is it that despite the fact that it will be an ordinarily ordinary day, I can never get to sleep the night before? I think this may be normal.... although i shall never know for sure. I just wanted to formally introduce you to my manny, he's pretty random and crazy and also slightly cute. Oh - and he has a beard! Here's Angus:

This morning he decided (in all of his 10 month old wisdom) that he would help me to do my hair and makeup. How lovely and thoughtful! However, him softing my mascara while I was trying to apply an even coat - while adorable - didn't really go down so well. 


This is a song that I have become quite fond of these past few days, I think I prefer the acoustic version but I am in love with the video of the original, which I suggest you check out. The song is 'Two Cousins' by a band called Slow Club. Very relaxing.... I think I will have to purchase the album to be honest. I haven't been getting up to much lately, my final exam was yesterday. As interesting as history is, the history examination itself is not what I would call the most stress-free experience. Still I am free now! Hazzah! I have been using my free time wisely, planning my party for next Thursday. The theme is medieval which I think is fun and a bit different. It is based around a few dinners that the family has had with the same theme and the party will involve an outdoor feast (if the weather is nice and behaved) and some medieval movies. I sent out the invites on Wednesday and now am set to be busy at work with preparation and decorating! Yay what fun! I love planning parties! here is a peek at the invites. I made a whole twenty and sent them off by post to friends. Really, I have just come to the conclusion that the time and effort put in was merely a procrastination to studying, but I am pleased with the result!


Hopefully a few more photos to come from the event itself! I have also been a busy bee making a cover for the visual diary I got a good friend for his birthday. This is to go alongside the painting and is a print style painted cover with Florence and the Machine and some text - he is a huge fan.




Unfortunately with this, and study and party planning and plenty of baking and eating (of course) I haven't had much time to work on my 100 squares project (see the top of the site for how I am going) but will try to update it with the squares I have been working on since last Wednesday. Let's just say I will have to pick up the pace if I want to have a blanket by Christmas! Anyway, I better be off to sleep now! I have a long day of being 17 ahead of me, so Bon Voyage and toodle pip my faithful followers, and a happy 26th of November to you all! x

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Diva - hope you have had a wonderful day - the world is a better place for having you in it. Love Kate xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete