MUSIC / STYLE / ART / RECIPES / QUOTES / PHOTOS / CRAFTS / FASHION

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Lazy Days

Hello interweb!
I hope that everybody, plant, mammal, rock and other, has had as much of a splendid day as I have!What started as a rainy morning, as I dragged myself out of a far too comfortable bed and onto a hairbrush, soon got  better with the arrival of friend, neighbour and fellow art 'n craft enthusiast Kate. Out came the knitting bags, the kettle was boiled and ideas and patterns were exchanged as me, my beloved mother and Kate settled onto the big blue couch and had needles whizzing and wool flying in no time.


As the clock struck 12, knitting books had gathered in small mountains and wool was strewn into a vast multicoloured carpet across the living room, some had even found it's way to my wee kitty cat Angus, who was rejoicing at what he decided was a challenge. Watching Sophie Dahl's cooking show 'The Delicious Miss Dahl' had also inspired me to venture down to my room and find the book by the Grand-daughter of legendary children's writer Roald Dahl. It is a beautiful recipe book which I highly recommend, you can find it here; http://www.amazon.co.uk/Miss-Dahls-Voluptuous-Delights-Sophie/dp/0007261179. Flicking through the pictures of mouth watering soups and delightful cakes is enough to make anyone hungry.


Diving into my knitting bag, I found the beginnings of a blanket I had started a few months back. The very small beginnings. Thanks to school and other pressures I only managed to find 8 small squares, each about 10cm by 10cm. As I am a relatively normal sized person, it may need some work. So, as it is almost officially my holidays, I have decided to complete the blanket as part of what I have called 'The 100 Squares Project'. What's great about this? You, my avid followers, can join in! Well, sort of....... Check the top of my home page each day and you can see how I am getting along as I work away, a few squares a day (that rhymed tee hee) and hopefully I will have a completed blanket by Christmas! Wish me luck.... it will be needed.


It comes as no surprise that this stylish little guy, as one of the last three gingerbread people, faces a grim end this afternoon, as my colourful gang were wolfed down one by one since I made them yesterday. 
So, we shall say goodbye to 'Bow-tie Guy' and I shall say goodbye to you, wishing you all a lovely evening!
Toodle Pip x

No comments:

Post a Comment